Semi permanent eyebrows gives the effect of ultra-fine, delicate hair strokes that blend seamlessly with your natural brow hairs.
Joanne works with the “landscape” of your brows – be it too short, thin patchy or sparse – reviving the basic shape. And if your brows are completely gone she’ll re-create an entirely new brow for you.
During your visit your face shape and colorings are analyzed she “pre-draws” your enhancement using conventional cosmetics. This ensures that the correct colors and styles are chosen for you and the finished result is exactly what you want.
Because customer comfort is the utmost importance to us, numbing agents are applied prior to the pigment “infusion” process – during which the hand piece is traced over the “pre-drawn template” allowing Joanne’s pigments to be precisely infused into your skin.
Your appointment takes between 1 – 1.5 hours and our clients describe the sensation as “like having your eyebrows tweezed”.
After Care for Eyebrow Enhancement
Proper care following your enhancement is necessary to achieve the best results. Please review the following instructions and refer to them as necessary. If during the healing process you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact us.You may experience the following symptoms for 4 days
– Minor swelling and redness.
– Mild tenderness.
– Itchiness in the eyebrow area.
– Dry flaking skin.
– These symptoms are a normal part of the healing process.
Daily care to follow for 7 days
– Dry healing for the first 48 hours. Start from day 3, apply a healing balm a minimum of 3 times a day, using a cotton bud.
– Wash your hands before applying the product and prevent cross-contamination of the product by using a clean cotton
bud for each eyebrow.
– We recommend that you use a gentle facial cleanser to freshen your skin during the first week. Do not splash wash your
face. Do however clean your enhancement twice daily with damp cotton pads.
– If your enhancement gets wet, gently pat the area dry using a clean tissue.
– Keep your hair away from your enhancement to prevent the possibility of infection.
– Some itching is normal. DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR RUB your enhancement as the color may heal unevenly and you could
risk infection, which in turn could lead to scarring. Allow the color to flake away by itself. Do not receive skincare
beauty treatments for 5 days after the application of your enhancement. No make-up should be applied close to your
Avoid for 2 weeks
– Do not expose your enhancement to direct sun, tanning treatments, Jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools and
direct shower spray.
– Do not receive eyebrow tinting, waxing, electrolysis or laser hair removal treatments close to the brow region.
– Remember, your selected color will be stronger and more sharply defined for 10 to 14 days after
application but as the
healing process occurs the color will soften and lighten.
– The approximate healing period is 14 days, however healing can be prolonged if your immune system is compromised, if
you are generally stressed and by poor diet.
– Keep in mind that in many cases, some unevenness of color is to be expected. This is the purpose of the re-touch visit
allowing us to fine tune your enhancement. This is included in the initial cost, however if you do not attend your
scheduled re-touch appointment you will be charged for any further treatment. Cancellation notice is always 48 hours.
Long Term Care
– Use a good sunscreen. Sun exposure will fade your permanent cosmetics.
– If you are planning a chemical peel, laser procedure or an MRI scan, please inform the technician of your
– Please inform the National Blood Service if you donate blood, as you may not be eligible to give blood for a year
Booking fee of $50 will be taken upon booking your permanent make up appointment.
- Days 1 & 2: The eyebrows are approximately 40% darker and slightly bolder in width than they will be when healed. There may be some slight swelling and soreness at the site, this will subside. Exfoliation, which begins in a few days, will cause excess pigment surrounding the eyebrow procedure to flake away and a narrower appearance will result. New skin will heal over the pigmented area and result in a softer appearance of your eyebrows. Don’t be concerned that your eyebrows initially appear darker and heavier in size than you desire. This is all part of the process.
- Day 3: Eyebrows start to itch, do not scratch. Lightly pat w tissue in between if relief needed. Scab will start to form, area will look darker and wider than original work done, this is normal. Exfoliation begins.
- Day 4: The skin begins to flake, peeling from the outside edges first. We cannot stress this enough for every procedure, please do not pick at it, doing so can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment
- Day 5: Color finishes flaking off and appears softer until it clarifies. Please note, in some cases after scabbing has flaked off, there might appear as if there is no color, please allow the work to heal properly, color will develop as it heals.
- Days 5-10: The exfoliating process should be over and you start seeing the final color. It takes up to 4 weeks to see the true color through the healed skin.